*** Online registration is closing on April 20th, 2018 BUT anyone who still wishes to go, didn't make the cutoff can still register ON SITE. ***
Our next convention will be held at Redeemer University College in Ancaster on May 4th and 5th 2018.
This year at the convention the keynote speakers will be:
Dr. Brian & Betsy Ray: National Home Education Research Institute
NHERI is the National Home Education Research Institute. NHERI conducts and collects research about homeschooling (home-based education, home schooling), and publishes the research journal called the Home School Researcher. The institute has hundreds of research works documented and catalogued on home schooling, many of which were done by NHERI. Simply put, NHERI specializes in homeschool research.
Some of their talks are:
- Be Honest: Who Should be Educating Your Children?
- Just the Facts, Ma'am; Homeschooling Works
- Loving and Leading (for men)
- Does the Culture own you? #IBELONGTOCHRIST
- Sexuality, Predators, and Safety
Woody Robertson: http://www.woodyrobertson.com/
- Raising and Adult, Not a Child: A Solution for the Peter Pan Epidemic
- 8 Practical Steps to Life after High School: Training Starts Now
- How to Homeschool High School
Download the OCHEC schedule to be able to plan your day(s) ahead of the conference!
Here is the list Convention Vendors for 2018.
May 4 & 5 2018
Location : Redeemer University College Ancaster
|Rates||By March 31st||After March 31st|
|Adult - Considering Homeschooling||Contact us||Contact us|
|Adult - Missionary||Contact us||Contact us|
|Adult - Friday Only||$65||$85|
|Adult - Saturday Only||$65||$85|
|Adult - Weekend (Both days)||$80||$105|
|Youth - 1 Youth||$40||$50|
|Youth - 2 Youths||$65||$85|
|Youth - 3 or more||$80||$105|
|Friday or Saturday box lunch||$10||$10|
|Full set of Conventrion Audio (MP3 download)||$15||$15
Workshop Speakers & Topics
- Scientific and Historical Evidence for Faith in Christ ~Kirk Durston
- Keeping Your Sanity ~ Robin Gilman
- Goal Setting and Planning for Your Next School Year ~ Cori Dean
- A Mother and Son Look Back ~ Louise and Dan House
All home educated youth born in 2004 or earlier, are welcome to attend!
Sports Dome Activities: Ultimate Frisbee and Soccer on Friday - please bring athletic wear!
- Browse an impressive variety of family resources and curriculum in the Exhibit Hall with one-stop shopping.
- All keynote addresses and workshops (excluding exhibit workshops) will be recorded and available for MP3 download or in CD form. Orders may be placed online following the convention or order forms may be picked up at our OCHEC booth.
Volunteers make it all happen! Let us show you how much we appreciate your help. For every hour you volunteer, you will receive 1 MP3 recording of your choice; volunteer 4 hours, we will give you $5 IN ADDITION to your MP3’s; volunteer 6+ hours and receive $5 AND the MP3 of the FULL convention.
We have many opportunities for volunteering and appreciate your contribution!
The townhouse style residences have four bedrooms with two single beds in each bedroom, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and spacious dining/living room. The two bedroom apartments have a bunk bed in each bedroom, a full bathroom, kitchen, and dining/living room. Each three bedroom apartment has 2 single beds in each bedroom, two bathrooms, a kitchen, and dining/living room. All guest accommodations are air conditioned and include housekeeping services, bed linens and towels, coffee makers, complimentary local calls, parking and internet.
Mohawk Residence & Conference Centre (approx. 12 min. drive)
245 Fennell Avenue West, Hamilton, ON
Suites consist of two private bedrooms (double bed in each bedroom), a kitchenette and a private bathroom. Children 12 and under stay free if accompanied by an adult in the room. Free WiFi and parking. Book by April 3, 2018 under OCHEC Convention.